Who Decides How Grants Are Awarded?
Each year, applications are sent to local organizations that are either registered charities, or are partnering with registered charities to advance a community project. Applications are reviewed by a sub-committee of the BTMCF Board of Directors. Grants will typically not exceed $5,000 to any one organization, but exceptions can be made if the Committee deems that a particular project justifies a higher level of support.
How to Apply
The Brian Todd Memorial Community Fund supports community organizations which, through their initiatives and actions, seek to :
- Improve health and wellness for Brighton residents, and
- Develop community assets that enhance recreation, safety, accessibility and the local environment.
Note: The Applicant must either be a charity registered with Canada Revenue Agency, or be sponsored by a registered charity or “qualifed donee” (the Municipality of Brighton is a “qualified donee” as defined in the Income Tax Act). Applicants who are not registered charities must complete the “Partnership Agreement” section of this application before submitting this application.
General Guidelines are as follows:
- Grant requests will not normally exceed $5,000.00 in any one year.
- Multi-year funding will not be considered.
- Only one application per organization will be accepted each year
- The number of grants and total amount granted will depend on the quantity and quality of applications and the availability of resources each year. A submission of an application is not a guarantee that a grant will be awarded.
- Grants may be awarded in amounts less than the amount requested.
- Applications will be evaluated based on how they address the goals of the Brian Todd Memorial Community Fund, as outlined above.
- All sections of the application must be completed before being submitted. Inquiries regarding the application will not be addressed during the application review process.
- Applications will be reviewed by a Committee of the Brian Todd Memorial Community Fund. All applicants will be notified of the Committee’s decision.
- Successful applicants agree to be represented at the awards presentation
(part of the Annual General Meeting of the Brian Todd Memorial Community Fund).
- All applications must be submitted by no later than April 15th of each year.
- Electronic submissions of applications will not be accepted.
- Applications should be mailed to:
Brian Todd Memorial Community Fund PO Box 687
Brighton, Ontario, K0K 1H0
Complete the grant application here: BRIAN TODD MEMORIAL COMMUNITY FUND GRANT APPLICATION FORM
If you are applying on behalf of a school, please apply here: BRIAN TODD MEMORIAL COMMUNITY FUND GRANT APPLICATION SCHOOLS
If you are not a registered charity and are applying for a grant, please complete the Partnership Agreement here: Brian Todd Memorial Community Fund Partnership Agreement